Thursday, August 28, 2008

An Interesting 24 Hours

I awakened at about 2:40 this morning to hear someone sitting in a cab in front of my neighbor's house yelling on the phone about how the taxi driver was "tripping" and that he wasn't going to pay the fare. He said he wanted the police to come and give the driver a drug test. This ridiculous, and apparently drunken, commotion went on for about 15 minutes. Then, I couldn't go back to sleep for nearly an hour. It's time to meet the new neighbors.

My wife had an early flight to go see family in Tampa, so we were up (again) at 5am. At 10:30, I had a tooth drilled (a cavity near the gum line. Not a good place for it.) It's 1:30pm now and I still don't really have much feeling in my right side of the mouth, part of my tongue and about half of my lip. Lunch this afternoon my be called dinner this evening.

Looks like Shawn Johnson gets a little more post-Olympic spotlight. She should get to lead the Democratic National Convention in Denver in the pledge around 4pm. My colleague, Keith Murphy tells me, this isn't any kind of political statement. And according to Shawn's agent, she would also be willing to head the Republican Convention in the Twin Cities next week. I'm sure by this point, Shawn wouldn't have the energy for politics. That girl must be exhausted by now. She deserves a nice long vacation...while her agent hopefully makes her and her family rich for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you would think that there weren't other Olympic Gold Medalists.

Maybe they had the sense to say no and stay out of the political arena.