Thursday, January 31, 2008

I.D., Please



Democrats and Republicans like to fight over whether it's better to force residents to prove who they are before they vote. Democrats have argued it discriminates against people who don't carry some type of photo identification (I don't believe I know anyone who doesn't have one). Republicans say showing i.d. will make the voting process more valid.

My alma mater did some research that showed showing your pic doesn't hurt turnout.






(Photo courtesy: Associated Press)

Tribute to former Missouri Tigers Head Football Coach Larry Smith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You say you don't know anyone who doesn't have one...well, then I doubt you know many low income people; people who depend on the bus for transportation out of necessity, not out of environmental principles; people (especially low income) in nursing homes who have no need for a driver's license.