Monday, January 21, 2008

How Do You Say His Name?

Iowa's U.S. Senator Tom Harkin has an opponent. Now, that opponent has a new Web site. How uphill will his battle be to unseat Harkin? It wasn't long ago I asked Iowa's other U.S. Senator Charles Grassley about him. Grassley wasn't even sure how to say Steve Rathje's name (btw, he pronounces it "RAHCH'-ee). Good thing the election is still ten months away.

Here's the release... (Oh, and just to be fair, Tom Harkin's Web site is http://www.tomharkin.com/)

Rathje Launches New Website

For Immediate Release:

Steve Rathje, Republican candidate for the United States Senate in 2008, has announced the launch of his new campaign website.

"I am very excited about the possibilities offered by this new website," Steve said. "I look forward to Iowans using the site to get more information about me and to learn about my candidacy. I am also happy with the opportunity the site affords me to hear from Iowans on issues of importance to them and open a dialog about the future of our state and country."

The Rathje campaign is encouraging all Iowans to visit
www.SteveRathje.com to learn more about the Cedar Rapids businessman in his bid to become Iowa's next United States Senator.

No comments: