Monday, June 23, 2008

Mondays...

It's tough to get going on Mondays sometimes. I worked six days last week. Maybe that's it. Or maybe it's because we took a walk Sunday a.m., played softball in the afternoon (and, won, I might add!) and ran in the evening. But then I remember all of those people working night and day to try to rebuild their homes and lives after the flood. I have no reason to complain.

Speaking of the flood recovery efforts...Des Moines' North High School is looking for volunteers this Saturday. They want to start cleaning up the athletic fields, concession stands and locker rooms. At this point, schools' spokesman' Phil Roeder told me you should just show up there at 9am on Saturday. You don't have to bring anything. More updates on the flood blog later this week.

No comments: