Friday, May 18, 2007

Thompson vs. McCain, Round 1



We had just finished interviewing Tommy Thompson inside a fitness center on the Des Moines University campus. The microphone was off. The camera was off. My photographer and I had turned our back...and THUD (o.k., I don't know how to spell the sound we heard). But there is Tommy Thompson ramming his right shoulder into one of those heavy bags boxers use. Each time hid did it, he'd yell "John McCain."



No, I'm not making this up. And, yes, I wish we would have had our camera rolling still! Thompson also told me he doesn't have time for the gym, so he starts his day with 60 push ups and 50 crunches. And then before he goes to bed, it's push ups and crunches, round 2.

1 comment:

The Deplorable Old Bulldog said...

have I run this one by you?

dennis kucinich vs. gary bauer in a 10 round texas style cage death match.

they have to wear a baby blue and neon red wrestling singlet respectively.

i'll bet we could sell tickets for $100 a head to that one.