Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Pizza, Easy Rider, but no Shake

Fueled by some pizza (o.k., more than some pizza, but whatever) we're back on the road. I've never blogged in the car (no, Mom, I'm not driving. She actually won't really talk to me while I'm on my cellphone in the car. She'd pass out if I told her I was blogging. Actually, I'm not so sure Mom understands his blogging stuff anyway. So maybe she wouldn't care).

As we stuck around to eat at the Pizza Ranch in Anamosa, we overheard a pretty interesting conversation. About 4 or 5 people were talking about Tommy Thompson's visit there earlier. No one in the bunch thought Thompson could win. One woman wants Obama to be Prez. But another man was dead sure Obama wouldn't win. He did say Hillary Clinton would pick him as her runningmate and that they would win the nomination. He was sure of it.

BTW, before pizza we did follow around Thompson in the National Motorcycle Museum. Thompson's a big motorcycle buff. He likes to tell the story how he's in the Hall of Fame in Sturgis. In case you hadn't heard, he's a Harley rider.

We're passing through Iowa City now. It just doesn't seem right not to stop at the Steak 'N Shake. Those are big back home in St. Louis. I usually stop at the one here in Iowa City, but not today. Stupid pizza.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave - check out Krusty Konservative's website and find out what's going on. Bonus points if you reveal Krusty's real name.

Anonymous said...

anonymous poster above must be the Krusty creator....

Anonymous said...

Good coverage of Thompson.

Dave Price said...

Will the real Krusty please stand up?