Sunday, July 18, 2010

Zach Brown video, Storm, My Cardinals

Love or War?: I'm a big country fan. But I'm a bit puzzled by this one. The Zach Brown Band has a song called "Free". Great song. Seems to me to be a song about love. Here's what I don't get. The video shows Zach and the band with the troops overseas. It's a good video. Don't get me wrong. It seems like a better video without the song. What do all the troops have to do with this song? This is a love song. I mean, I'm sure they love their country. But this isn't about that kind of love. What do you think?

Here's the video.

Stormy Saturday/Sunday: Wow, that was a storm last night/early this morning! I think it's the worst one I can remember since I've lived in Iowa (about 9 plus years now), not counting snow storms. There was so much uncomfortable howling outside our window at 3am. I don't think I feared a tornado as much as this one. And there wasn't even a tornado close to us. We turned on the tv to see what was going on. And Brett McIntyre was there, talking his heart out. My weekend weather buddy went all-out, almost non-stop for about seven hours tracking the storms. He had done the evening shows last night, did storm coverage overnight and then did the weather on the morning show, too. Then, he came back and did weather tonight. So, whenever you think those weather guys don't do much, think of this storm and think of Brett.

Red hot Redbirds: Now, this is what we Cardinals' fans expected this year. St. Louis just swept a 4-game series from the Dodgers. Sunday's game looked like a throwaway for the Cards. LaRussa rested Pujols, Rasmus and Molina. Suppan was on the mound. Easy loss, right? Easy letdown day, right? It looked like it for 7 1/2 innings. Then, the Cards got hot. And the Dodgers wilted in the heat. Cards get 3 in the 8th and 2 more in the 9th. That's a comeback, boys! Let's keep it going against the Fightin' Phils.

No comments: