Thursday, July 01, 2010

Funk for Supervisor

Sups Need the Funk? Dave Funk, the Iowa Third District Republican candidate, hoped the tea party would fuel him into Congress. He started the campaign as a relative unknown. And he finished third in the primary. Could he now be focusing on another office? Last weekend, Doug Gross, the GOP's failed 2002 candidate for governor, announced on Channel 13's "Insiders" program Funk is looking at a run for the Polk County Board of Supervisors against Democrat Tom Hockensmith. I asked Funk if that were the case. Here is what he emailed me:
"I am currently focused on closing out my campaign and helping my friend Brad Zaun in our shared goal of defeating Congressman Boswell. Not to mention catching up on the lost time with my wife and family from the last year."


No comments: