Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers' Day



(In sarcastic honor of fathers everywhere! And, remember, you may not want to listen to this in front of the kids.)

Today was a special day...my first fathers' day. I realize I'm not quite a father, I suppose. But since our little guy has been trying to enter the world early (he isn't due until July 29th), it makes me appreciate all that fathers do and should do for their kids. So, thanks to my dad, my father-in-law and all the other dads who have enriched our lives.

Now, let's have some fun. Thinking of all the good things dads do, makes us remember the lousy fathers out there for what they have done to either their kids, their spouses or both. Who comes to mind? I'll start us off with these bad dads...

Richard Heene (Balloon boy's dad)
Tiger Woods
John Edwards
Jesse James
Alec Baldwin

Who's on your list?

1 comment:

desmoinesdem said...

Chuck Barris.

Also Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, but in fairness to him, he got almost no parental nurturing as a child.