Friday, June 04, 2010

Apologies, Erik Helland, BP CEO


Iowa Representative Erik Helland, a Republican from Johnston, has now apologized for his arrest for drunken driving and interference with official acts. Here's what he had to say about his late-night incident:

“I deeply regret the mistake I made to drink and drive. I apologize to my family, constituents, colleagues and all Iowans for the harmful and dangerous error that I made. I fully accept the consequences of my actions and am truly sorry. ”

Now, apology number 2 of the day... It's now Day 46 since the BP oil spill fiasco. Today, for the first time, I saw an ad from the company's CEO. He said he is sorry. He didn't say he wanted to get his life back, like he said before. Here's what stood out to me about the ad: how everything looked. No oil gushing. No black tar covering the shores. No animals covered with the filth that threatens their lives. Nope. None of that. The shores looked great. Plenty of people working to clean things up. Clean animals. Clean water. Clean shores. Why should we be worried, right?


No comments: