Saturday, February 13, 2010

Iowa Poll

The political types are anxiously awaiting their morning paper in Iowa. The Des Moines Register puts out its new Iowa Poll. I'm told no sneak peaks on-line tonight. We will have to wait for the hard copy in the paper. What will the numbers show for Governor Chet Culver's popularity? He's already run political ads, he starting meeting more with the media and he's stepped up his public appearances lately. Will that help him in the polls. I know Democrats who are very nervous right now. Republican candidate Terry Branstad even mentioned the poll to me when I interviewed him in Osceola Wednesday night.

Thanks to those of you who have emailed about this week's Purple Matters internet show. Usually I can post the archive of the show right away. But they are putting in new software, which is greatly delaying the process. So I'm still waiting on the archive before I can post it. In the meantime, I hope you will vote in our weekly Purple Poll. Our question this week is whether lawmakers should ban texting and driving. What do you think? You can leave your comments below and cast your vote on your cell phone by dialing 72466 and texting the word, matters.

Canada didn't exactly have a good opening night Friday for the Winter Olympics. Obviously, it would seem to be premature and possibly wrong to blame Canada for that horrible luger death. But the ceremonies themselves don't seem to match what I remember from Beijing. Blame Canada.

No comments: