Thursday, February 04, 2010

Congressman Tom Price coming to Iowa

Iowa Republicans are welcoming Tom Price to the state later this month. Here's the release. He is a congressman from Georgia. My brother's name is Tom Price. He lives in Illinois. He is not a congressman. David Price is a congressman from North Carolina. I live in Iowa. I'm not a congressman. Illinois did have a congressman named Mel Price. He represented my hometown in southern Illinois. I'm not related to him. And, of course, there is the show, "The Price is Right". But that has nothing to do with this conversation. By the way, "The Price is Right" was my slogan for my student council run in fifth grade. My friend, Doug Patton, beat me in this election. We don't talk any more. But that doesn't have anything to do with this conversation either.

Governor Chet Culver sent out a very brief release today on the legislature's passing of the early retirement bill.
I congratulate the legislature for passing an early retirement bill. This legislation could save Iowa taxpayers up to $60 million this year alone and is a vital step to reforming state government, finding cost-savings, and moving Iowa forward. I look forward to signing the legislation next week.
If you think that was especially brief, I wonder how short the statement will be on the state efficiency bill:)

No comments: