Thursday, March 12, 2009

Iowa Goes Hollywood

Just catching up on a few things from yesterday... Iowa Senator Tom Harkin "breakfasts" with country singer LeeAnn Rimes. Former Governor and current U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack "cookied" with Cookie Monster. See, Iowa is hip after all, hanging out with all these Hollywood celebrity types!


LeAnn Rimes was actually my first celebrity interview. Back when she was probably 14 or so, she came to Columbia, Missouri, to hold a concert. It may have been her first year of concerts or so. I was working at the NBC station in Columbia at the time. I can't remember who opened for her. I do remember she seemed really bored with my questions. Even at her young age, I felt she acted like she had heard my questions a million times before. I was looking to get one of those one-way tickets on a westbound train outta there (random LeAnn Rimes' lyrics comment, in case you're not a country fan).

No comments: