Thursday, October 19, 2006

What's in a Name?

I'm getting quite a few phone calls and emails these days from the possible presidentials. That's no surprise. But two messages in particular are interesting. Who called from Wesley Clark's campaign? A guy named John Edwards. And who called from Mark Warner's campaign? A guy named John Carey (Say it phonetically. It's a lot funnier.)

Sorry for the lack of postings lately. Several factors in play here. Our software had a few hiccups. Not sure what causes those. I also had a conference in D.C. for a few days. But most importantly, I got engaged. I surprised my girlfriend, Emily, when she went home to visit her family in Tampa. So that oughta be a good enough reason to go blog-less for a few days, eh?

Lastly, go Cards! The hell with the Amazing Mets. St. Louis needs a game 7 win!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's great news about your engagement! What a fantastic "news team"!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good my brotha from anotha motha. Hope you wore your official WHO TV 13 sneakers when you got down on one knee.

Dave Price said...

Official Channel 13 sneakers, huh? I'll have to ask my boss for a pair of those.
Thanks for all the "congrats".
And I'll ask if, indeed, the "Price was Right" Let's leave out the part about getting "spayed and neutered."

The Deplorable Old Bulldog said...

Indeed, please allow me to add my congratulations young man.