Saturday, October 01, 2011

Cain Staffer Quits

Cain Change: Another departure of a key staffer for Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, according to CNN. CNN reports National Communications Director Ellen Carmichael resigned. I had very few dealings with her since Cain has been such an infrequent visitor to Iowa, despite telling us he is "serious" about running in Iowa. Here's another CNN story on previous defections (although, it's Kevin "Hall", not Kevin "Hart" as the story reports).

What does this mean? Who knows. If you read the first CNN story that includes Carmichael's comments, you'll notice an interesting "no comment". Does that signal problems?

Cain downplayed the other staffers who quit this summer. But, of course, he would downplay it. I don't think I recall a candidate ever saying something like, "Holy Crap! I suck! No wonder people don't want to work for me". Far from it. Cain told us staff changes happen in a campaign, just like they do in a business.

1 comment:

Anthill_Goddess said...

"Infrequent visitor to Iowa..."

Dave? I'll need to do some checking but I'm almost positive Herman Cain has been to Iowa more times than any other candidate. It has been a while since he's been here as he's been working to get name-recognition in other parts of the country (and WIN the FL straw poll) but he's had a very large presence in Iowa.