Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sarah Palin's Alaska

Sarah Palin's Alaska: Palin's new show on TLC made its debut Sunday night. Did you watch? I'm trying to figure out how to classify what the show was. There's no question following the Palin family's travels allows those of us in the "lower 48" to see the beauty of the state. And, of course, there were bears. We also get to see the former gov interact with her family. Perhaps, it's not quite a reality series (I can't imagine the Palins would want people to call it that). But it's pretty close to it from what I saw in the first episode. Maybe it's reality series/documentary...docureality? Docality? Realmentary? (That's the best I can do!)

Her comments in a USA Today story show she made close to a million bucks for the 8-part special. I wonder if I could get TLC to give me a mil to take everyone through my hometown in Belleville, Illinois. Probably not.

If you watched, what did you think of it? Does it make you want to vote for her for president? Did it have the opposite effect?

No comments: