Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another Staffer Quits Culver; One More to Follow?

Another staff member has quit working for Governor Chet Culver. This time it's his Press Secretary Troy Price. Price is leaving to take over the marriage equality, gay rights organization, One Iowa. Brad Clark, One Iowa's former executive director, is leaving to become head of One Colorado. Clark sent this out to supporters:


Friends -

Thank you for all of your help and support of One Iowa’s historic campaign. The advancement of equality we've seen over the past year would not be possible without you. I am personally grateful.

I'm writing with mixed emotion as I let you know that I will be leaving One Iowa at the beginning of May to become the Executive Director of One Colorado. I will always be grateful for the opportunity to be part of this historic campaign, and I am extremely excited about the challenge ahead!

And honestly the decision became that much easier when I knew that I'd be leaving the work in very capable hands. I am pleased to let you know that on June 1, Troy Price will join One Iowa and continue to lead our efforts to protect marriage equality in Iowa. Troy has worked various roles within the Vilsack and Culver administrations, most recently as Governor Culver’s press secretary. I have the utmost confidence that he will serve our campaign well in the months ahead.

I would be honored if you would join me in welcoming Troy and seeing you once before I take off:

Welcome Party
May 11 – 6:00-8:00 PM
Centro – 10th & Locust, Des Moines
RSVP: amanda@oneiowa.org or 515-288-4019 x214


As you well know, we have a critical year ahead to maintain our fair-minded majority in Iowa and protect this victory. I am confident in Troy, our One Iowa team and partners, and the aggressive plan we’ve put together to protect our friends and ensure marriage equality is here to stay.

Again - please know that I am personally grateful for all of your help and support over the years to ensure this victory in Iowa. And I look forward to staying in touch moving forward.

All best -

Brad Clark
Campaign Director
One Iowa

The Des Moines Register's Jason Clayworth has a rundown on the staff departures at Culver's governor's office and campaign office.

Who's next? I think at least a half dozen people, some who work at the Iowa Statehouse, have told me Culver's Communications Director Erin Seidler will be leaving soon. Culver's office denied to the the Des Moines Register two weeks ago she had turned in plans to quit. A spokesperson in Culver's office had told me there was "no date set" for Seidler's departure when I asked last week. Today, he said "not sure" about whether her date has been set yet. Seidler is Culver's fourth communications director since he took office a little more than three years ago.


2 comments:

desmoinesdem said...

I believe Carolyn Jenison remains the executive director for One Iowa. Troy Price is replacing Brad Clark as campaign director for One Iowa. They are going to have field organizers working independently in some of the state legislative districts (like they did in the House district 90 special election last summer).

Peace Through Strength said...

DSMDem..

Still doesn't change the fact that the Culver campaign continues to lose its top operatives like a sieve.

Not the message of confidence in the strength of your campaign that you want to be sending going into the fall.

I'm sure there are plenty of liberal Iowa Democrats like yourself that continue to kick yourself for failing to put up a challenger to Chester.