Sunday, September 16, 2007

Steaking a Spot




I don't know if the weather could be better. It's about 75 and sunny here at Tom Harkin's Steak Fry in Indianola. So much better than four years ago during the monsoon. That was the last time we had a full slate of prez candidates. Bill Clinton also came. It rained like crazy that day. People were falling down the muddy hillside. When Clinton came out to speak, the rain stopped. And the sun came out. Or maybe that was a movie I saw.
I just about got run over by Obama's throng of supporters following him in. The campaign is claiming about 3,000 followers. Harkin's people are hoping for 8 to 10,000 overall. Quite a percentage. John Edwards' airplane just flew over. Well, it's not his plane. But it's a plane pulling a banner with his name. I wonder what that costs? I wonder how many people are looking at the skies?
I ate for the first time here. Usually I wait til afterwards. The steak was o.k., I guess. You can't expect too much more when they have to prepare thousands of them. I'll still take my Dad's.
I wonder what Dennis Kucinich would eat here at the Steak Fry? He wasn't invited. And apparently isn't happy about it. I don't remember the last time he actually campaigned here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness the democrats actually have a plan to stop global warming. It's about time global warming came to the forefront.