Friday, December 01, 2006

I'll Be There


The "Meet Me, Like Me, Vote for Me Tour" is underway. Tom Vilsack is in New Hampshire.

A few tidbits left from my time with him in Mt. Pleasant...

Reach Out and I'll Be There (#1 in 1966) That was the song they played as the Vilsacks left the stage after the announcement. A staffer tells me that song played on Tom and Christie's first date...

The secret to the First Lady's Cheesy Corn Casserole? She told me it's lots of cayenne pepper (I tasted it. It has a hell of a kick to it).

Stress relievers for the Vilsack...(again, according to Christie) Her hubbie either goes for a run or paces the floor--like he did before his announcement speech. She scrubs the floors. I'm sure the White House staff would go for that:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You talk with Vilsack alot. What does he truly think his chances are or is he positioning for vp?

Dave Price said...

He says he can win. But even he says he's an underdog. There are skeptics, of course, who think he has a better shot at V.P. No doubt many people have no clue who he is. And that would have to change fairly quickly, especially if Hillary and Obama get in the race.