Saturday, June 30, 2007

Empty Your Pockets, Sir

Hillary Clinton is the former First Lady and also a U.S. Senator from New York. Barack Obama has received death threats. Neither was inside Hy-Vee Hall in Des Moines Saturday afternoon. But the security sure was something for the six republicans who were there (7 if you count Ron Paul, who set up his own event next door).

We had to walk through metal detectors to get inside the forum room, which I don't recall doing for any political event so far this year. They took my bottled water. They even took my banana. Have the terrorists resorted to fruit these days? They apparently didn't notice my granola bar. I did get that inside. Hmm, granola at the republican event. There some kind of joke about irony here, but I'm just not coming up with it right now.

No comments: